Oct 18, 2011

a dear old friend..

Finally got the time and chance to meet up with my senior, Joe, last Saturday.. :)

Although I stayed at his house when I first came to Taiwan in late Aug, he was in Japan then.. He got back more than a month ago, but we were both too busy to meet up.... until now.. We went for dinner at the famous Din Tai Fung (鼎泰豐) at Xinyi Road, which is the main branch..

The restaurant was packed.. or should I say the crowd queuing to get in was crazy.. we were given a menu list and were told to order while waiting.. heard lots of Japanese being spoken.. and saw lots of Japanese tourists, old and young.. we waited for about 30 min to be ushered in.. the place is small and narrow, similar to restaurants in Japan.. we were seated on the 4th floor..

Din Tai Fung's famous xiao long bao
Since we've given them our orders before we were seated, the dishes were served really quickly.. frankly, I wasn't very impressed by the food.. yes, it was delicious, but not THAT fantastic as I've had tastier dishes... Was it worth half an hour of my life to queue for it? don't think so.. but anyway, it was the company that's most important..

Both of us had been through a lot since we last seen each other.. Many things had happened.. we cheered and supported each other on from afar... He is one of the few good friends that I'm glad to have made in Japan..  :)

Anyway, it's good to have a "big brother" like him in a foreign country.. :p

No comments: