Oct 24, 2011

settled down..

I've been in Taiwan for about 2 months now.. Friends and family like to ask me if I'm adapting to the environment in Taiwan... and truth be told, I don't feel like a person who "just" came to this country for around 60days..

Maybe it is my inert ability to adapt.. I tend to get used to a place in 2 weeks or so.. I have the ability to feel comfortable anywhere, even if I don't like the place initially.. Maybe it has something to do with my general view of "problem".. for me, there is only 2 ways to handle a problem, either I find a way to solve/resolve it or I accept and live with it.. quite similar to the saying, “If you can't beat it, join it.." :)

I apply the same philosophy to my life... if I can't change it, I won't fight it as it is pointless/useless and a waste of my energy.. and life will be easier if I just "accept" it.. Of course, I will try my utmost to change/solve/resolve the problem first.. if after some time I still can't, I will accept/ignore it and move on.. Life is too short to be bogged down by these.. I will use my precious energy and time to do things that are, in my opinion, productive/beneficial/interesting, even if people might think otherwise..

Thus I can live off a suitcase for months.. live like a poor student for years..  or just simply live with my version of "minimal comfort".. And I don't like to own vehicles, like cars, motorcycle or even bicycle.. I don't want to worry about it breaking down or getting stolen.. I am happy to use my feet (and the public transport) to get me to where I wanna be .. :p although owning a house, just a small studio would do, will always be a dream that I would want to fulfill..

A rather simplistic approach to life, don't you agree? But then, I'm not sure if my adaptability is a blessing or a curse..

No comments: