Aug 16, 2013

antisocial

Those who don’t know me may think that I’m antisocial. Those who do don’t. Well, the truth is, whether I am antisocial or not depends on who I need to hang out. If they are my friends, or those who I consider as friends, I can be very fun and entertaining. If not, then I’m antisocial.

I don’t like to hang out just to gossip about someone or commiserate over some things. Nothing productive and useful will come out of it. I don’t like to hang out just to gulp down drinks after drinks, aka just to get drunk, with friends. I don’t need hang-overs nor do I want my liver damaged. I just don’t get the fun of drinking until one is dead drunk. Life is too short and priceless to waste it on people who doesn’t matter or doing things that are harmful or pointless.

So what do I like to do when I’m with my friends? Well, talk and share. And alcohol is optional. :P Everyone has their unique experiences and views about things in life. It is good to exchange point of views and see things from different perspectives. Of course, there are some people whom are so narrow-minded and so mundane/routine that talking to them is yawn inducing. All they care about is who bought what when for how much or who did what with whom when. But the one major thing that I dislike the most is their negativity. Some of them are so negative that they complain and grumble about every single minute things that happened to them. They always see glass as half empty and make sure everyone knows it. It is so energy sapping just listening to them whining. 

Also, I like to go to plays, movies, museums, exhibitions and the outdoors. I am okay doing all these by myself, but I won’t mind having companies. :) So, am I antisocial? Well, that's up to you to decide. 

No comments: