Aug 24, 2012

one year and counting..

Came to Taiwan exactly a year ago today... and what an 'exciting' 365-days it has been.. :) there were periods of crazy busyness and phases of blissful idleness.. and it was also the first time I didn't go home for CNY..

In short, I've completed 22 credits of my PhD requirements.... started teaching English.. read more than 65 books (fiction and non-fiction, in English and Chinese).. 'survived' several typhoons, tropical storms and (minor) earthquakes..  watched lots of US drama series and TV programs over the net or the cable..  and many other mundane stuff...   :p ;)

sky's the limit.. no? ^.^
These may sound trivial and insignificant to some, but I am contented.. I may not be earning big bucks but I have (almost) full control of my time to do whatever that I like (limited by the $ factor only).. I have my health, my family and my OWN time..  I am choosing to 'trade' money for time, as I truly believe that time is the only limited resource in the world..

Anyway, in the next 365-days, I hope to make a decision on what my research topic will be... select my instructor/mentor... complete a publishable paper.. read 100 books.. see more of Taiwan... see a concert or live theater performance at least once.. just to name a few..

Thus in the next 3 - 5 years, I will be doing the things I like (reading, learning, writing and pursuing my PhD in the process) while supporting myself with my language skills that will not go obsolete.. what more can I ask for, right??
 :) :)  (mmm.. I could do with more $$ though.. :p)

No comments: